Meet our Pastor
Rev. Gregory Waldrop, DMin.
- Christian leaders are unique.
- As thoughtful theologians remind us, we are followers too.
- In fact we are chief followers of the One true leader, Jesus.
- I use the title, Brother Gregory, because I believe Paul was absolutely serious when he said we are brothers and sisters in Christ.
- My wife Nancy is a retired school administrator and is often around at church events and worship.
- We share two grown physician daughters and a dog named Birdie.
- I love to read and to play in the lake. You probably can tell I love to eat also!
- My best times involve conversations with church friends and family.
- I grew up going to every ballgame in most sports, playing and rooting my teams to victory.
- You will learn a lot about me as you hear my sermons as I find deep Bible preaching helps make sense of my life experiences.
- See you at church or around town!
I was baptized at Mayfield First Methodist Church on Palm Sunday, 1954–there is quite a story about that day! I joined the church through Confirmation on Palm Sunday 1964. I was the only male in a class of ten from which 2 Methodist preachers were called! I heard my call at the Youth In Missions Conference at Lake Junaluska just before my Senior year in high school after being sponsored by the United Methodist Women to attend. Ask me about that amazing week! The church knew I needed a lot of help so they sent me to some of the best universities in the world to form my faith well–Lambuth College, St. Andrews University, Scotland, Duke Divinity School, Wesley Seminary, Princeton Seminary CTI, as well as the faithful teachers at every church I have served–ask me to tell you about all those rich experiences! I was ordained Elder in 1981 and will soon enter my 40th year of ordained ministry! I get to talk every Sunday of the world so invite me around and I will listen well to all the ways God is at work in your life!